Thursday, May 13, 2010

Parker's first haircut

Disclaimer: I do not know how to cut a poodle's hair (yet).  I will learn (because it's good to learn new things, because grooming provides an opportunity to bond with your dog, and because we can't afford to shell out the big bucks every few weeks for a stylish new doggie do).  I'm going to buy a clipper kit and video. 

However, in the meantime, poor Parker was so shaggy I began to wonder if he could see. 


So I bought some round-tips scissors at the drugstore, and gave him a bone to chew on.  Then I contorted myself around his chewing head and did my best job trimming what I could.


The results definitely need some cleaning up, but my goal was just to shorten the fur without making it an unpleasant experience for him, since it was my first trimming attempt.  Poodle owners everywhere may be shuddering at my butcher job, but he doesn't seem embarrassed (and I couldn't care less!):


4 comments:

grandma said...

cuter than ever!!! love that puppy!

Colleen H said...

I think you did a great job - he is sooooo cute.

Coleen said...

he looks as cute as ever...good job!

Dana said...

Thanks, all. He's a work in progress---I feel like I'm battling against a chia pet :)