Monday, July 28, 2008

Would you like to see the baby? Or hold her? Be my guest!

I don't want to be a crazy, annoying mom. Like the "you gotta see the baby" mom from Seinfeld. (The first couple secs of the video are weird, but then it works)



Maya and I went to brunch on Saturday with my friend Maria and after we had been there for about an hour (most of which Maya slept through) Maria finally had to say "So am I going to get to hold her or what?" Oops. I don't want to be like "Hey, you want to hold my baby?" In my mind, this equals "Do you want to hold my water bottle? Or backpack? Oh, it might drool on you. Have fun!" But of course, if I was out with a friend with a new baby I would want to hold it. How do people navigate this stuff?

I guess I'm now erring too far on the indifferent side of having a baby. Which is better . . . coming off as unaffected, or obsessed?

So feel free to come play with the baby :)

On a different note, I figured out how to get video in the blog. So hopefully we'll have some little home videos up soon and you can see Maya in action (swinging, in the tub, mowing the lawn, etc.)

1 comment:

kris said...

I won't be waiting an hour to ask ;) Hoping to get to NY in the next month or 2, so I'll be sure to let you know and swing through Riverdale.