Sunday, March 9, 2008

29 weeks

The nursery is still a work-in-progress. Today we put up one long wall of the border---borders are hard work! It's the type of job that takes a lot of planning and forethought---these are not Dave's strengths. There is no doubt in my mind that had I left him in there alone he would have wet the entire roll, started to put it up . . . realized it was crooked . . . stared out the window a minute to think of how to fix it . . . noticed that the window was dirty . . . left to get the toolkit to take the window down and clean it . . .etc. 2 hours later the room would have no windows, the border would be half hung up (crookedly) pand he would be re-arranging the toolbox alphabetically. (**if you think that I am exaggerating at all, please view the evidence at the end of this post**)
We had to wet a section, then try to smooth it on so that there were no air bubbles, it was in a straight line, and it wasn't pulling or tearing. Then we started again with another section. I think by the time we were done I must have looked like a junkie, complete with flushed skin, sweat & shaking hands. No pictures of me during this loveliness--but here's the section we put up, and one of Dave (who obviously wasn't as high strung about it as I was).


Oh, this is where we found Layla when we came home from getting coffee the other day. I resisted the urge to scream at her long enough to take this picture. This tendency might be interesting after the baby is born---do you think it will send mixed messages if I tell the baby to smile for the camera before yelling at it when it's in trouble?



And here's me and the big belly at 28.5 weeks. It's really getting basketball-esque and moving a lot. It's somewhat entertaining to watch my belly move around---like a big bowl of jello.


Baby Update

This week the baby weighs about 2.5 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. I have my next midwife appointment on Wednesday, and we were able to re-arrange the schedule at school a little bit so that Dave can come to this one too. He hasn't been to an appointment in a long time, so it will be really nice to have him join in. The appointment mostly consists of weighing and measuring me, so I feel a bit like a farm animal.


***This is what happens when Dave is in charge***


We are in the process of making 5 pans of brownies for the kids tomorrow (6th grade is taking a state math test). I'm in the living room writing this blog entry and he's in the kitchen, allegedly cutting up the first 3 trays of brownies so that we can use the pans again. I walk towards the kitchen, he is laughing so hard that he's in tears, and this is what I see:



I have no idea how he did this. He tried to lie about it but he keeps giggling. We may never know the truth.

5 comments:

anne said...

I don't get it. What's that picture of?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! IT'S A RABBIT! THAT IS SOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

nursery really coming together--border looks great!! lovin' layla on her new perch!that belly keeps growing(finally got to really feel it move). re the brownies--did he try to remove them in one piece, they broke in half and he stuck them back in the pan?!?! we can just keep guessing til he tells us :c)

Luna said...

Great job on the brownies!!! I bet he was pealing up the yummy crust, wasn't he?

Love the nursery!

blessedchic said...

Love the border!! Can't wait to see the rest of the nursery!! Good Job Guys